Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Design Team Reveal -- February 28, 2011

The Design Team and friends had the privilege of working with products this month from Scrappin' Sports & More and two Etsy shops, Shintashop and The Crafty Pearl. Please make sure that you take the time to check out each of our generous sponsors this month!

Now for the final February reveal from the Cookin' up Creations Design Team. Joining us are  Design Team alumni Nordica Burns, Sandy Liles and Robin Wade, along with forum member Rebecca VanDyke.

Barb Prendergast
I used this sunny yellow calendar page (meant for May) from Scrappin' Sports & More as my background paper. It is perfect for my photos from a long-ago summer vacation. And the adorable sunflower tag from Shintashop looks "made to order" too!  For extra fun, I decorated the center of the sunflower with bright buttons and Stickles. I also used LIttle Yellow Bicycle patterned papers; American Crafts Thickers and October Afternoon sticker alphas; Sassafras and KI Memories stickers; and some puffy paint. The Fresh Air tag was cut with my Cricut.


I also made two cards this week using embellishments from our Etsy sponsors. I loved this fish tag by Shintashop and paired it with papers by October Afternoon:




For my second card, I used one of the lovely felt embellishments from The Crafty Pearl. The papers are Tim Holtz Alterations. I didn't put a sentiment on the card yet, so that I can use it for any occasion that arises.


Cassy Suszek
I think that I could have created a ton of layouts for this month.  I always have sports photos to scrap!  I loved Scrappin' Sports & More's papers and stickers.  So for this week's reveal, I chose to make two layouts.  For the first layout, I used the February calendar paper for the background and added Midnight Oil Scrapbook Designs die cut paper, ribbon, Chipboard letters (which I painted and added puffy paint "sprinkles"), and some shaped eyelets to highlight my daughter being silly with some LOVE shaped cookies!


For the second layout, I scrapped some football photos from this year along with a newspaper article on the success of the Freshman team.  I used Scrappin' Sports  & More papers and stickers and I wanted to create a rough feel so I painted the edges of the pictures, painted the title using MM stencil letter stamps, added some texture using art gesso and dotted mesh, and added some football eyelets.



Jenny Rickard
I made two cards for you this weekend. I used the tags I received from the Shinta Shop.  The only things I added were the kraft cardstock for the actual card itself, lace and bling on the sunflower card, and the stamps.



Jo Luty
My first card this week is made using a heart tag from the Shinta Shop.  I love her tags as they are made with heavyweight cardstock and have this fantastic jute cording on them.  I made the card using Kraft Cardstock, some pearl accents,  lots of glimmer mist and chalkboard mist in various colors which I splatter painted the card, ribbon that I dyed with those same mists and a Basic Grey rub on.



My second card was made with some sports papers from Scrappin' Sports & More.  I used some basketball paper and the stopwatch paper to create this card. I made the front shorter than the back and added some more of the stopwatch paper to the inside of the card.  Some Divine Twine, Thickers, black chalk and a metal heart brad complete the card.



These products by Scrappin' Sports & More are so easy to use!!  I picked the soccer papers and stickers to do this layout of my youngest...she gets so into the game sometimes!


I used some black/white "whitewashed" cardstock from Core dinations that I sanded to let the black show through, some raffia and some red rik rak to pick up the color of her uniform.

Nordica Burns
This week I was in the mood to scrap baseball since the boys just signed up for this season and it was on my brain.. This fun baseball themed paper from Scrappin' Sports & More was just the thing I needed to get my creative juices flowing! I used the "Sports Head On" Baseball paper for the background but I wanted to showcase the large baseballs too, so I cut out a section of the "Name of the Game" Baseballs paper and used it to create a layering effect. The eye catching designs in the paper meant all I had to add was the cardstock for the photo matting and title and a little pen doodling to create this fun layout! I have really enjoyed working with the Scrappin' Sports & More products this month!


Rebecca VanDyke
Rebecca used tags from Shintashop for this layout about her son's first experience at sleep-away camp.



Robin Wade
For my final project as Guest DT, I used some more of the awesome "Calendars Made Easy" line by Scrappin' Sports & More!  This is another 2-pager for my oldest daughter's "Year in the Life" album! I added some of my own bazzill cardstock, Smooch, Stickles & some fun Cricut Die cuts to finish off this simple page!



Sandy Liles
This week I made a couple of cards for my daughter Becca to give to her Cheer sponsors.  I used the Scrappin' Sports & More Wrestling paper (dots), Megaphone paper from the cheerleading line as well as the cheerleading cardstock stickers.  I also used Reminisce Glitter Factory glitter paper in Eggplant since our school colors are purple and gold.

On this first card, I also used purple gemstones by The Paper Studio as well as some unknown ribbon I had in my stash.



On this second card I used Ribbon Boutique ribbon.


Tamara Reed
Here is my layout for this week.  I used the July paper from Scrappin' Sports & More for a Fourth of July page. I love the bursts in blue and red.  Scrappin' Sports & More certainly has MORE!!! I also used some buttons, thread, trim and bling.


Thank you for stopping by! Be sure to join us on the Cookin' Up Creations Forum for "Mad About Sketches" throughout the month of March!

No comments:

Post a Comment