Saturday, August 4, 2012

Guest CHEF OF THE MONTH!

Please welcome our August Guest Chef of the Month, Brenda Patterson!


BRENDA PATTERSON
GUEST CHEF OF THE MONTH -- AUGUST

Brenda won the coveted guest challenge team spot for participating in our Christmas in July Blog Hop and Crop. She is an avid scrapbooker and already has shown some beautiful creations in our gallery.

Here's an "interview" with Brenda:

Please tell us about yourself:
My name is Brenda Patterson. I am 49 years young, a mother of three, and a grandmother of four. I currently live in Houston, Texas. I have been crafting most of my life, as my mother is an avid crafter.  I love taking pictures of my family and scrapbooking, of course.

How long have you been scrapbooking? What brought you into the hobby?
I have been scrapbooking about five years. My sister got me hooked on this very addicting craft.

What are your favorite techniques and/or products right now?
Baker's twine is my love right now, but I also use a lot of distressing and inking.
What project are you currently working on?
I am currently working on way too many projects, but mostly Christmas, Christmas, Christmas ... love it!

Do you have other hobbies besides scrapbooking?
I really have tried about all crafts, but my favorites are crocheting and scrapbooking.

Is there any advice you would give to a beginning scrapbooker?
My advice: save anything and everything! You'd be surprised at what you can recycle on your pages.

Are there any designers/websites/blogs that inspire you?
Got Sketches, Bella Blvd, Die Cuts With a View, Celebrate the Occasion, Creative Krafters, Karen's Needle, so many sites inspire me .... And of course, Cookin' Up Creations.

Can you describe your scrapping space?
I used to have a spare room for my crafting, but after moving to a smaller place I am still in the processing of rearranging and setting up my area.

What are three words that come to mind if you were asked to describe yourself?
The 3 words that best describe me are creative, fun and friendly.

What five things will you always find in your purse?
The 5 things you can always find in my purse are lipstick, wallet, gum, change, and sunglasses.

What are some of your favorite tv shows?
Craft Wars, Dancing With the Stars, Wheel of Fortune, Martha Stewart and Food Network are some of my fav's.

If we were to turn on the radio in your car, what would we find you listening to?
My radio station really depends on the mood, but I love the 80's.

Describe your perfect day. Would it involve scrapbooking?
My perfect day would involve family, food and crafting, of course.

Please share with us your all-time favorite layout and why.
My favorite layout is one of my new grandbaby. It is so pretty, and I used several different kinds of flowers, which I love using on my girly layouts.




Here are a few more of Brenda's favorite layouts:




Welcome to the team, Brenda! 

Look for Brenda's first Blue Plate Special challenge Sunday on the Cookin' Up Creations forum! And join us all this month for our daily Blue Plate Specias. Our theme this month is AMUSEMENT PARK, and we're having a blast with our park-inspired challenges! 


No comments:

Post a Comment