Monday, September 6, 2010

DT Reveals!!!!!

This month at Cookin' up Creations we've decided to implement a new way of doing our weekly reveals. Instead of one designer being assigned a "specific week", we've decided that each designer will reveal a little something every week for us!

We have sooooo much talent here at Cookin' up Creations, that we thought this would be a great way to showcase it week after week. Please bear with us as this is our first reveal in the new format, but hopefully it'll go smoothly.

This is also the first reveals of your New Design Team as well! Each designer had several different items to work with from Reminisce and some journaling tags from TwoGirlzStuff etsy store.

For our first Reveal....we're going to showcase Cassy. Cassy was asked to create an altered item for this week's reveal. Here are her creations for you!


Here is my DT Reveal. I used the Reminisce Fairy Tales line, Reminisce Pink Glitter Paper, Bare Elements purse and frame, a pillow box from an old pack of rub-ons, and a few ribbons, brads, and inks. I wanted to do something different with the Large cardstock stickers so I actually cut the stickers apart and attached them to cardstock. Then I layered them with pop dots to give them dimension and added a little bling with Stickles. The pillow box was actually an old Cactus Pink Rub-on box that I covered with patterned paper, added a clear window from an old package, and filled with Gold Nugget candies. Thanks for looking!

Next we have Tabitha and she was asked to create a Layout for us.

This Reminisce Line Real Sports was alot of fun to work with. I used the PP to make a basketball then used the Glitter paper to make the stripes. The stickers were really easy. I love how they pop up. I outlined the whole layout with a white opaque pen.

Next we have Jo, who was asked to create two cards for this week's reveal. Here are her cards.

Congrats! .... The Class of 2010



Thanks... A Whole Bunch!


I had so much fun creating these cards with Remininse Graduation and The Wild Collections. The stickers and papers went together so easily! All I had to add was a few alphas from my stash!

Next up is Sandy, and she was also asked to create a Layout for this weeks reveal. Here is her layout!

This week, I used the Reminisce Stars and Strips line along with their Shimmering Red and Disco Ball Glitter Factory papers. First off, as some one who does a yearly photo shoot on Fourth of July, these papers could not have been any more perfect! I loved the patterns and the fun feeling they have. Secondly, this Glitter Factory paper is to die for!!! I am a girl who is all about bling on her pages and let me tell you, these papers add just enough as not to over power the rest of the LO. So I suggest if you can ever get your hands on these papers, do not pass up that opportunity!
Other products used on this LO are DCWV cardstock, Adirondack acrylic paint (denim blue) dabber, staples and unknown ribbon. I also used the Cricut to cut the stars and swirls.

Next we have Shawna, and she was asked to create an altered item for this weeks reveal. Here is her Frame:



Here is my altered item with the Reminisce goodies. I used a tag album I had lying around and made it into a frame by tying the tops together loosely with ribbon.

Next up was our Guest Designer for the Month of September, Nordica. Nordica was also asked to create a Layout this week. Here is her creation.

I had lots of fun with this LO!
I used...Reminisce Real Sports Soccer Field paper, Reminisce Real Sports Soccerball shaped paper, Reminisce Glitter Factory Jetsetter Black for the title and stars, Reminisce Real Sports Soccer die cut stickers, Souffle' Pen in white, Stickles in Black Diamond, misc. cardstock in blue and black

And finally, we have Patti....Here is her reveal for this week:



This week it is my turn to do an altered item. Our sponsor for September, Reminisce, sent us a huge variety of their lines including a amazing selection of their Glitter Factory card stock. This week I have chosen to use it for my reveal.
I found a cute little mini album from Art Blanche and covered the web with Jetsetter Black and the spider with Eggplant Silk. This is without a doubt the easiest
glitter paper to work with..... thinner weight, easy to cut with a craft knife and it does not shed! A tag from our other sponsor this month, twogirlzstuff, was stamped and adhered to complete the cover of the album. The self adhesive tags come in a variety of sizes and colors....fun stuff!



But...one project with the Reminisce Glitter Factory and the twogirlzstuff tags was not enough....I wanted to create more. So here's what I came up with.



I found this cute little image on line and cut it out of the Jetsetter Black using Sure Cuts Alot and my Cricut. This project was made using a recycled Prima bucket. Attach the die-cut, add some ribbons, tie on the tag, and fill 'er up with goodies...a quick an easy Halloween gift.



A smaller version cut from the Eggplant Silk transforms a plain votice cup into a seasonal decoration in minutes...how fun these would be a each place setting at a Halloween party!



Be sure to check out both of our sponsors' websites to see more of Reminisce's Glitter Factory and the twogirlzstuff tags.

I do hope that you have ejoyed the reveal today, and will join us again next week as we reveal more creations from the talented Design Team here at Cookin' up Creations using Reminisce and twogirlzstuff! tags

No comments:

Post a Comment