Monday, January 3, 2011

DT Reveal 1-3-11 Use your Stash!

Welcome to the first reveal from the new Design Team. Check out this past weekend's post for more info on the new team.

We are very excited to announce that our sponsor for January will be
She has the most absolutely adorable felt embellishments.....so be sure to check out her store. She does custom orders as well. Be sure to check out "her sold items" as well to see more of what she offers.

Only one sponsor you ask? Well, of course... because we are trying something different this month. We are using the "Scrap Your Stash" theme, but we're hoping that you love our reveals and will join us for the daily BPS challenges all month following the same theme.

And now on to our reveal:

Barb

My layout this week was created around a great piece of patterned paper by Moonshine Designs, printed with a vintage pre-1960's road map that shows my community. A friend sent this to me, and I was so excited to receive it! I know the map depicts the roads from before the early 1960's because Interstate 80 (which went into our area when I was about 5) is not shown.

I paired the map with DCWV cardstock that's been in my stack for probably 3 years; My Mind's Eye "Signature Life" and DCWV "Far East" patterned paper dating back to 2006; Pink Paislee chipboard buttons and 3 Bugs In a Rug stamps that I received in RAK's at least a year ago; Thickers from who knows when; ribbon, twine, a bottle cap and mini alphas from my stash. The houses were die cut with the Cricut Lite "Jolly Holidays" cartridge (which is new) and the arrows with a Cuttlebug die (which is not). I also used a PageMaps sketch.

Cassy

From my stash, I used Chatterbox, Poolhouse patterned paper, tag and this extremely adorable feltie from the Laughing Quilter. If you haven't checked her out yet, her work is a must! I also used a SU stamp, Prima flowers and centers, assorted die cuts (ones that I prestamped and precut), Copic markers, and buttons to repeat the colors throughout the layout. Thanks for Looking!

Jenny

For this one, I used some Chatterbox PP, the MME journaling card, the Maya Sheer, and the celebrate ticket .I also used cardstock, American Crafts rub-ons, and Stampin Up and Studio G stamps with Black Staz-on ink.

I LOVE how this one turned out! I too two really cute tags with pockets and I thought I'd turn one into a card!!! I added the red and white label sticker from the kit along with this super cute felt puppy from our sponsor...LAUGHING QUILTER BY LUCYSMILES. I also added the Bazzill die cut strip, the scalloped edge journaling strip, ribbon, and I used Stampin' Up, Studio G, and Great Impressions stamps with Colorbox Catseye inks.



Jo

This week I chose an old notebook from Target to create a cute little book for Izzy to record her homework assignments in. I started with some purple Making Memories paint and added some heavy weight paper of unknown origin, a few Prima letters and sequins, and some ribbon and lace from my stash. The best part of this is that I took some fabric from an old dress and made some fun flowers with my heat gun!

I have a feeling that her friends are all going to want one now too!!

Tamara

For my first card I used the darling penguins from laughing quilters. Other supplies included SU grey cardstock, The Pepper Patch pp and My Sentiments Exactly stamp.



Gold buttons, brads, SU stamps and ink from my stash on my second one.

1 comment: