Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Design Team Reveal -- January 31, 2011

This is our final reveal of January -- can you believe how quickly the month has flown by?

This month we have had Laughing Quilter by Lucismiles (an Etsy Store)as our monthly sponsor, and we have loved working with her adorable felt embellishments.

Here's our Design Team Reveal:

First up today is Barb:

I made two cards using papers from my stash and some cute felt embellishments from Lucismiles. 


The first one is a Valentine, using Fancy Pants patterned paper and flower, ephemera from K & Co, and a pink and white felt stitched button:



My baby card uses Nana's Nursery papers from Diecuts With a View, and an adorable heart and another stitched button embellishment from Lucismiles:


Next is Cassy's design:

I created a layout for this week's DT reveal.  This title is so fitting - P is very MUCH more Spice than sugar!  I used Cosmo Cricket patterned papers and scraps and enhanced them with a beautiful flower from our sponsor Lucismiles, a few handmade altered pins for Barb's "top it" BPS challenge, and some handmade tulle flowers.  Check out my blog for how to make them.  They definitely added a girly touch to the layout.



And now for Jenny's layout:

For this page, I used some BG Oh Baby Boy, the checked pp is from an unknown source.  The alphas are Doodlebug and Lil Davis.


And here is Jo's reveal for this week:

I have loved digging into my stash this month and using up some fun products that I had forgotten about.  For this week's layout, I started with a piece of embossed transparency (unknown maker) I wanted the flowers to stand out more so I rubbed some paint on a portion of it.  Then I added a strip of vellum under the bottom of the photo and some BG June Bug papers to complete the look.


The layout also includes some Sassafrass stickers, some Jolee's dimensional stickers, a 7 Gypsies clip, Thickers, a Michael's rubbon, ribbons and buttons.

And here is Tamara's layout:

I chose to do a two-page layout.  I am feeling so good about getting pictures onto pages from 2001.  Use your stash has helped me tremendously.  I hope to continue doing this all year long.  Everything here is from my stash except the 5 new Tim Holtz metal buttons.




We hope you will join us this Wednesday for our "Stirrin' Up A Li'l Love at Cookin' Up Creations" Blog Hop, beginning here at 9 p.m. Eastern time Wednesday, February 2.  Our Design Team will feature special projects on their blogs, just in time for Valentine's Day inspiration. And as if that weren't enough, we will host a weekend crop beginning at 7 pm. Eastern time Friday, February 4 and going through Sunday on the Cookin' Up Creations forum. You won't want to miss it!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment