Tuesday, February 8, 2011

DT Reveal 2-7-11

Happy February ladies! Hope you've been enjoying the tail end of the "Use Your Stash" theme that we brought to you last month, not only with the Design Team reveals, but also with the Blue Plate Specials....

This month, we're focusing on Sports! Why sports you ask? Because Cookin' up Creations has the opportunity to work with a very generous sponsor this month - that sponsor being



Image


Dawn was sooooo very generous that I asked a couple of our Design Team Alumni to join us this month while we showcase the Scrappin' Sports & More products....So be on the lookout for reveals from Nordica Burns, Robin Wade, and Sandy Liles!

We also have the opportunity to work with two Etsy stores this month as well.






and






Please make sure that you take the time to check out each of our generous sponsors this month!

Now for the reveal from the Cookin' up Creations Design Team




Barb

Sports 'N More has great sports and activity related papers; but I was excited also to find some adorable holiday related patterned papers in my packet this month! I made two cards to show you today.

For the first one, I used paper from a sheet meant for a July calendar page. To add some dimension to the paper, I used a Martha Stewart cosmos flower punch to create some little "starbursts", inked the edges with Range distress ink and pop dotted them to the fireworks images on the patterned paper. I also added Stickles in thee colors; red check paper from Marks Paper; and blue and white paper from the Basic Grey Granola line. That fabulous heart tag is from Shintashop one of our other sponsors this month.

Image


My second card used a July calendar page; I loved the mixes of pinks in here! I cut out one heart from the paper, added Stickles and a hand cut cardstock border, then adhered it over a paper doily. I added some red hearts punched from cardstock, a punched broder and ribbon, and Thickers alpha stickers. The cute felt embellisment was handcrafted by our third February sponsor, The Crafty Pearl.

Image


Cassy

I love it when I can take one scrappy item and make it fit another. Today, I used the backside of some wrestling themed pp from Scrappin' Sports and added one of their large stickers to accent this photo of my niece playin' it up. She is such a character. I added some journaling spots, some Thickers, buttons, scraps of DCWV stack, and I made my own handmade buttons to embellish the layout. Not bad for the first try playing with clay. Hope you like it!
Jenny

I worked with a couple of the "fishing" themed papers from Scrappin' Sports and More...these papers really make pages come together quickly!!! All I added was the cardstock and the CM shaped border at the bottom! Title was cut using the Cuttin' Up Cricut Cartridge.

The journaling is kinda funny...but I don't think my boys will appreciate it when they realize...

"Just don't tell 'em we didn't bait the hook! LOL!

It was the last day of our camping trip...it was cold...we didn't have any bait...and we weren't buying any!!! Sorry boys!"



Jo

When I saw this sunflower tag from the Shinta Shop, I knew exactly what layout I was going to do! These tags are so cute and easy to work!


I used papers and stickers from the Basic Grey Pyrus collection for the basis of the layout. Then I replaced the flower on the vine with the Sunflower Tag. It matched her dress perfectly! I also added some buttons and some brown chalks to complete the layout.

Nordica

I am so excited to be guest designing this month with these fun products! For this layout I used the Scrappin' Sports & More! "Watersports" paper. I loved the "swoosh" in the design and decided to use that as the focus of the layout. I also used some misc. cardstock, chipboard stickers, ColorBox Chalk Ink, and Stickles.




Robin



I loved the "Calendars Made Easy" line by Scrappin' Sports & More! I decided it would be fun to make a calendar album for my oldest daughter, who is expecting our 1st grandbaby in July (Surprise! LOL)! I thought it would be a fun way to document the baby's 1st year or just a year in baby's life. I chose an 8x8 format & used the "January" papers to create these 1st pages. I love the subtle difference in the 2-sided paper! I also added some fun Martha Stewart snowflake felt ribbon as well as some misc. bling flourishes & blue sparkley ribbon from my stash! TFL!

Sandy

Here is the LO I did for the Februrary 7th reveal. I LOVED working with these Scrappin' Sports & More papers. When you use them you really don't have to add much of anything else. I used the Basketball papers and stickers and just added some brads, AC Thickers, K & Company alphabet stickers (some) , Tim Holtz distress ink and my DCWV cardstock. The font I used for my journaling is Pea Picky Panda.





Left Side:


Right Side:




Tamara

This paper is awfully fun to work with. Thank you Sports and More for the paper and stickers, your one stop layout creator!!

I was excited to scrap these pictures of my first ever college Football game. :)


We hope you enjoyed this week's reveal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment