Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Design Team Reveal...

It's time again to see what kind of creations our DT came up with using the wonderful product they received from Die Cuts with a View!!!

From our guest designer, Nicole:
When I got the DCWV numbers in the mail, I knew just what I wanted to do with them. I have been wanting to make a layout about the funny way my daughter counts. First, I used a piece of DCWV cardstock... I love their cardstock because it is thicker than some of the other brands out there.... The DCWV cardstock numbers are awesome. They already have adhesive on the back and they come with a little nail file that you can use to sand them....I stuck them randomly on the cardstock. I then painted over the all the numbers and the cardstock with gesso... I let it dry and then painted a little more on. I like the gesso better than paint because it gives it texture.... When it was all dry, I took a pen and drew some broken lines around the outside... I then layered my paper, embellishments and picture on top.

From Tamara:
On this layout I was able to use four different texture papers from the DCWV stack Worn and Weathered. It has been a challenge for me to use these papers, that's for sure. LOL
Last time we went to the zoo, we saw this trukey running all over the place confused. He ran up to a building like he wanted to get through the door. The kids were laughing so hard.

From Jenny:
This was a quick page I did using more of my DCWV stack...I added an OLD WRMK chipboard tag and some other misc chipboard I had lying around!

From Cassy:
For these two simple cards, I used papers from my DCWV Paper Whimsy stack. I love the Springy colors and the shimmery backgrounds. For the sentiments, I cut apart one of the papers with words all over it. I also added some embossing powder - orange and Antique Gold, Hero Arts and Gel-a-tins stamps, twine, Life's Journey brads, twine, and much more. TFL!


From Barb:
I absolutely love the bright, bold, "make a statement" prints of The Colorful Life paper stack! This week, I was able to make a quick yet effective layout with just one sheet of paper. I converted a photo from my daughter's wedding into black and white, restoring a bit of the rich greens and turquoise to her bouquet. I dabbed gesso around the edges with an almost-dry foam brush. Then I sanded the edges of some Pressed Petals letters (also by DCWV) and added some rhinestones to my O. I added a few stamped images just to bring in some turquoise. I cut around the edges of the pink butterfly with a craft knife so I could slip the photo underneath, and added a touch of Stickles to the body. Last, I cut 1/4 inch off lengthwise and widthwise on my paper (not too much, because I didn't want to lose much of the design) roughed up the edges and adhere to a piece of smooth black cardstock. The quote from "Captain Corelli's Mandolin" was part of the reading at their wedding.

From Jo:
I had a project in mind for my altered object..but quickly changed my mind while at Target today. In the dollar aisle they had 4 packs of bamboo placements for $2.50....and I thought they would make a perfect party accent when combined with the Tahiti Stack from DCWV!! I love the papers in this stack because they are nice and thick and can stand up to bending and shaping and hold their shape. I also love that they have lots of glittery accents and beautiful colors!!!
I played with some red raffia and my Sizzix dies to create flowers. I also used some Stickles and chalk to finish off the flowers.

Hope these projects inspire you to be creative this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment