Thursday, December 17, 2009

Countdown to Christmas Day 17

And it came about while they were there, the days were complete for her to give birth. And she gave birth to her first-born son; and laid Him in a manger, because there was no room in the inn. Luke 2:6

While this is not an inn it is a house! And there is plenty of room for birdies to nest their babies!

On a trip to Minneapolis I stopped at a wonderful lss, Picture This, in Eau Claire, WI. When I checked out I spied this adorable birdhouse sitting on the counter.

It was only about 6" tall and as cute as can be. I asked about it and found out that the owners husband had made the little birdhouse for her to cover with papers and ephemera.










They were offering this one as a class---not while I was there--so they allowed me to take pics---told you they were a great store!










I purchased my house at Michael's and it is quite a bit bigger. I cut the papers--Graphic 45--to fit the various parts and glued it on with Scotch Tacky Adhesive. Glue dotted on the ephemera and added the cute little bird from ADORNit's Nancy Jane line.























TFL!

No comments:

Post a Comment