Thursday, September 2, 2010

Kimberly Hornikel - Our Chef of the Month for Sept 2010

Cookin' Up Creations is pleased to announce that our "Chef of the Month" for September 2010 is our very own. . .

Kimberly Hornikel (mommysews).

She is an Outstanding Member of the Cookin' up Creations community, and for that we want to thank her!! Kimberly has been quite active within our community pretty much since day one, and has shared numerous creations with us in the gallery, participated in several contests and challenges, and has even been a Design Team Member here at Cookin' up Creations!! She's here almost daily, and still looks forward to being a part of our site as it continues to grow.....so please help me Congratulate Kimberly as our Chef of the Month for September 2010!



Short Bio:
I am Kimberly - but then most of you know that already. I am a homeschooling SAHM of 3. I enjoy scrapping (of course) and I also like cooking, reading and Bible study. I have 2 jobs as well (Ok, so I don't stay home all the time) I am a Pampered Chef consultant and have been for 12 years. I also am a secretary for a friend of mine who owns a puppet business.

What do you enjoy most about scrapbooking?
One of the things that attracted me to scrapbooking is that it is a craft that decreases clutter rather than increases it. I have always liked crafting, but often when I had made something, I didn't know what to do with it. I am not really the knick knack type. Scrapbooking helped me get the boxes of old photos off of the shelf and declutter while at the same time giving me an obsession that I love. It also lets me connect with my family's past and prepare for the future because the kids will know more about who I am and what made me tick (I hope that it doesn't scare them too much)

Do you have a scrapbooking style? If so, describe it for us.
I have a style it is called cheap. I am not on the cutting edge of the industry. I usually do not get things until they are on the clearance section. The advantage of that is lots of very talented people have already found out what works and what doesn't. I do like to try things that are new to me. And as far as my style is concerned, I try much and I keep doing what I like.

What are some of your current favorite products to use?
I couldn't consider scrapping without my paper trimmer. I am also addicted to pattern paper but I think that those are both sort of standard to any scrapper. I also love flowers, stickles and bling.

What are some of the things that inspire you?
Just about anything. I remember taking inspiration from a set of curtains I saw once. If I need inspiration I will often look at the gallery here. I also like the challenges that make me use certain products which stretch what I usually do.

Tell us about your scrapbooking space:
My scrap space is the corner of my dining room table. Everything I have is in some sort of tote, box or bag. This makes it easy to move out of the way when it is time to eat. It also makes it easy if I want to go to a crop because everything is easy to transport but even it it is easy, there is alot to transport. I really don't have a pic of it, but the lower pic in this layout shows how things are sort of piled up.



What do you do for a living?
I am a Pampered Chef consultant.

What would be YOUR perfect day?
I would guess a day with the kids gone and my best friend here. Lots of money to spend and everything was calorie free. She is always late so I will spend the time waiting for her scrapping.

What is your favorite indulgence?
Time away form the usual mom things like cleaning, laundry and dishes to do whatever I would like.

What's one thing you'd like to learn that's NOT scrapbook related?
I would love to know how to dance - to be graceful and be not to trip over my own feet.

What's your current ringtone? Favorite song? Current favorite movie?
No special ring tones here. I just use the ones that came with the phone - one for home, one for my best friend and one for my DH. Current favorite song has to be "None Like You" and movie I would say is "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" (can you tell I don't get out much?)

Do you have a Favorite Layout? If so, please share it with us and why.
This is one of my favs. It is a good pic of Eva who usually hides when I bring the camera out. I also like the colors and I am very proud of the fact that all the embellies are hand made and I did it from start to finish in under an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment