Monday, October 4, 2010

Divine Twine, Punky Sprouts, and Unity Stamps Oh My...

This month the Design Team has the opportunity to not only work with one sponsor, but THREE absolutely generous sponsors! They will be showcasing products from Punky Sprouts, Whisker Graphics and Unity Stamp Company. The sponsors were so generous that not only did the Design Team get to use products this month, but the Guest Designers do too! So, if you haven't had a chance to check out our sponsors for this month please do so today!

First off we have two cards created by Patti.

This week I was asked to make a couple of cards using the Unity Stamps and Whisker Graphic's Divine Twine. Both of these products are wonderful. The Unity stamps have the ease of the cling stamp but with the properties of the rubber making them a winner in my book plus they have some really cute designs. Who couldn't love Baker's Twine and the colors that Divine Twine sent us are simply that....divine! LOVE THEM! The twines are made of cotton that easily transforms to vintage colors with the use of an ink pad.




For my first card I used Unity Stamp's Peace Love Joy stamp, which is one of the Itty Bitty stamps. This stamp is perfect for tags, ATCs, cards, and LOs. I started with natural cardstock, stamped with Mementos Ink, used Distress Ink to add some color, distressed the edges with my scissor, went over all of it with more Distress Ink, and finally added Flower Soft to give the tree some texture. For the background I used Webster's Pages patterned paper and Distress Inks. I took the black and white Divine Twine and ran it across my Distress Ink pad to add the vintage touch to it, wrapped it around the patterned paper, slid the stamped tag in and adhered it with staples.



The second card was made with Unity Stamp's Stitched Greetings. I stamped the heart three times on three different Webster's Pages papers and cut them out. I also stamped the congratulations on a piece of Walnut Cream cardstock which was inked over with Distress Ink. I took the pink and white Divine Twine and ran it over the ink pad to give it a softer look and wrapped my background Webster's Pages paper with it, threaded it through a button and tied the bow. I used Glossy Accents to highlight the buttons on the hearts adding a knot of the Divine Twine to the center one.

Next up is Shawna who used the Punky Sprouts ablum for her reveal this week.

I was really excited to work on this Punky Sprouts album for this week. It is mixed media and lots of fun. I also incorporated the Unity stamps and the Bakers Twine as well. If you have not done one of these albums yet I recommend it. There are so many possibilities.








Next we have an absolutely adorable layout created for us by Barb.

This is my very first Design Team reveal for Cookin' Up Creations, and I am so excited!! This week I had the privilege of working with Whisker Graphics Divine Twine baker's twine and Unity Stamp Company's "Berry Good Life" stamp set. Both truly were divine to work with! I created a layout featuring my middle granddaughter, a fabulous strawberry blonde. The basket motif stamp in my Berry set made the perfect illustration for my journaling card. And the luscious colors of the twine provided some nice accents for my stamped basket, as well as my title and buttons.

Here's what I created:



In the photo, Shelbie was 3 years old; today she is a sassy 9 year old. Here's hoping she likes my layout!


This week Jo was asked to create two cards for us, and these are her creations!

This week is all about cards for me! When I saw the "Girl of the Moment" stamps from Unity Stamps, I immediately thought of my girlfriend Linda and wanted to make her a card. These stamps were so easy to use. I stamped the cute ladies in black and then colored them in with my Copic Markers. I used papers from Echo Park for a fun base for the card and then added some Whisker Graphics Divine Twine for a finishing touch on the top!


I also used more Divine Twine and the Unity Stamp line "Up in the Air" to make this card for my newest nephew. Although the photo doesn't really show it, this card really sparkles! These stamps worked so well on the Mulberry paper I chose for the front of the card. I can't wait to do more with these products for our sponsor this month!






Tabitha was asked to create a layout for us this week, and this is her reveal for you today.



I chose to use the Lovely Bits and Baubles Unity Stamps. They were so much fun. I can't wait to get more of their stamps
so simple and easy to work with. I also used Blue and Red Divine Twine and twisted it. I really enjoyed the way this layout turned out. I used two different colors of ink on the heart stamp.





Our next reveal is an altered item created for you by our very own Sarah.




It was my week to do an altered item here at Cookin' Up Creations. Since my design team kit contained the adorable "Margarita Moments" stamp set from Unity Stamps, I decided to make a drink recipe book. I altered a 6x6 American Crafts album. I also used a bit of the Divine Twine from Whisker Graphics and tied it through the button.


Up next is Tamara, with a layout created just for us!

Here is my Layout for this week. I used the Divine Twine on my photos to imitate a swing. I LOVE the red twine (my favorite color, you know ) I also used some orange twine and wrapped it around the brads at the bottom of my page for a border design.


Grandpa was teaching Brennan how to pump (so he wouldn't have to stand there and keep pushing him. LOL)

and next we have Nordica, who was also asked to create two cards for you today.

I am absolutely IN LOVE with the stamp quality of the Unity Stamps I got with this months kit! I really enjoyed creating these two cards with the Tiny Trinity set. I also had fun with the Whisker Graphics Divine Twine. It added just the right touch!



For this card, Welcome Fall, I used the gorgeous tree stamps from the Tiny Trinity stamp set from Unity Stamp Company, some Yummy Colors Bakers Twine from Whisker Graphics Divine Twine, misc button, StazOn Ink in Timber Brown, Glimmer Mist in Walnut Gold, and Recollections Autum cardstock.



For this card, My Dearest Friend, I used the fun and whimsical flourish journaling block stamp from the Tiny Trinity stamp set from Unity Stamp Company, some Yummy Colors Bakers Twine from Whisker Graphics Divine Twine, Kaisercraft rhinestones, StayzOn Ink in Timber Brown, and My Minds Eye Bloom & Grow paper.

Sandy is up next, and she was asked to create a layout for us with the sponsored products this week.

I was so excited to get to try the divine twine. And I have to be completely honest here and just say I am definitely buying more of this stuff. I LOVE it!

Here is my LO for this week using the twine. It is just a little but it really was just what the title block needed:






Other products are: Fancy Pants Papers, DCWV cardstock, unknown buttons
And thread (it's hard to see the sticthing in ths scan since it's white), Marvy pen for journaling

And lastly, we have Cassy who was asked to use the Punky Sprouts album this week.....such a beautiful album too!

Here is my Punky Sprouts Reveal. I loved the variety of this album! It included acrylic pages, chipboard pages, canvas pages and more. This is a perfect gift for my niece - a new mom of Jadyen! Materials used - Punky Sprouts album, Moxie - Baby Mine pp, tulle, puffy paint, Stickles, Diamond Glaze, Doodlebug glitter, K&Co buttons, Bazzill, assorted flowers, MME laundry line pp, Amy Butler butterflies, Fancy Pants and Sassafrass Lass stickers, lace, and much more. Thanks for looking!







Thank you all for viewing the reveal this week by the Design Team....it amazes me daily just how much talent these women really do have and how lucky we are to have them here! Thanks ladies!

3 comments:

  1. Great Work! Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a week of wonderful projects! Working with these products was so much fun

    ReplyDelete