Monday, February 6, 2012

Make-Up Monday--Feb.6, 2012

Good Morning ladies! Last Tuesday, I finished off the month with the challenge of using Torn Paper on your layout.




Wed. began a new month & a new theme of challenges.... "In the Kitchen with Cookin' Up Creations". Bev challenged us with this adorable little gift box creation.

 You Tube link to video tutorial:
http://youtu.be/V8qAC-Dmaxs

And here is Bev's recipe for decorating your box if that is the project of your choice.
Recipe:
1 cardstock
2 stickers
3 patterned papers
4 things.. eg. ribbon, sentiment, tag, brads


On Thurs. it was Jo's turn. As you may have noticed, our Title for Thursday has now changed. We have decided to give the Master Chefs a bit of a change and give them the choice of what they want to do on Thursdays!!!
So Today I have decided to create a salad!! What makes it special is that it is Tossed!!
Okay, what do I mean by that?? Well, your main ingredient for the salad is the photo. What I want you to do is to toss it!!! It can be a photo taken upside down or simply place it upside down on your layout!!!

Here is my example:



Fri, Jan challenged to 'Mix Manufactorers'....by mixing up our patterned papers. Here's her example along with the cool sketch she used. (The sketch is optional...just there for added inspiration.)


 Sat., brought this from Natalia.....When I cook, I look at a recipe and decide what I like and don't like then change up the recipe to my liking. I usually use the same main ingredients, but season to taste. So that's what you get to do today! I found this sketch from Sassy Little Sketches:

Your main ingredients are:
The sketch
1 sheet of cardstock
2 fonts in your title
3 photos
Embellish to taste!

Here's what I came up with:



Rebecca wrapped up the week with our Sun. Inspiration. Me do love the frosting! These were cupcakes that I made for my daughter Angel's Senior Girls party that she had after class night last year. I had alot of fun making them and topping them with the frosting.

 I also love me some Stickles! To me Stickles are alot like frosting, just the topping on the cake!
I did these two layouts of my son's graduation in 1994 and placed purple and silver stickles in appropriate spots on the layout.
 My challenge to you today is to put a little "frosting" on your layout. I would like to see either some stickles (my favorite!) or some paint (not so much for me...please) on your layout. If you choose to do a 2 pager like I did for 2 points then please make sure there is the required stickles or paint on both sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment