Tuesday, November 16, 2010

DT REVEAL 11/15/10

This week, the Design Team continued to work with great products
Midnight Oil Scrapbook Designs. They have been a very generous sponsor to Cookin' Up Creations and provided the team with an assortment of acyrlic albums, stackers, and a variety of their intricacy papers.

First, we have a layout from Barb:

Who would have thought I would be using Valentine's Day themed products for a Halloween layout?!?! But that is exactly what I did this week. I used the adorable heart Intricacy paper lace by Midnight Oil, along with Valentine papers from Fancy Pants Designs, for this layout of my youngest grandchild in her butterfly costume. The costume had little hearts on the top of the antennae, which made her the "love bug". Hence, the choice of papers.

The more I work with the Intricacies, the more I love them! They are so much fun to "dress up", as I did with my Stickles, heart punch outs and rhinestones. (I want to note that the layout was based on a sketch by Penny Noel of our Digital Creative Team .)

Next up is an album from Cassy:

For this mini-album, I wanted to capture some of the crazy and fun moments at our Halloween party this year. I used the Midnight Oil Easel Acrylic Album, MME Blackbird pp, K&Co glittered trims, MM mini-letters for the title, and tons of ribbons, buttons, Primas, pp scraps and much more. I also started experimenting with some puffy paint to make some swirls. TFL!!






Next we have some cards from Jo:

I had so much fun making my cards this month with the Midnight Oil products! My first card was made with the Happy Birthday topper. At first I was concerned with how to attach the transparent page on top of a card without the adhesive showing. Then I realized that mini brads would work perfectly and still keep the thickness of the card to a minimum! The papers are from Bo Bunny and I even got to use my new EK border punch!

For my second card, I misted the Midnight Oil white floral intricacy with strawberry shortcake chalkboard mist. Not only did I love what it did to the intricacy, I am saving the paper I used to protect my work surface as the intricacy worked as a perfect mask! I added some Echo Park Sweet Summertime papers, Thickers, buttons and some butterflies I made with my Martha Stewart punch.


Next, Nordica shared with us a beautiful album she made:

This week I used the Midnight Oil Scrapbook Designs 4x6 Clearly Designed Accordian Album to create a pretty decorative piece for my fireplace mantel! I have to admit that mini albums are usually a stumper for me because I can never figure out a way to make them cohesive and I like BIG photos, which if put in a mini album cover all the decorative elements. So I stepped back from the "album" idea and realized that this neat little book could be used for SO MUCH MORE than just an "album"! Since I am so psyched that it is almost time to decorate for Christmas I decided to focus on creating a holiday decor piece. This accordian album worked perfectly! Once I had it completed I paired it with some candle holders and holiday silk greenery I already had and I was so pleased with the outcome! In addition to the MOSD album I used a pretty blue and white ribbon from the MOSD Innocent Embellishment Kit, glossy accents, stickles, Prima flowers, misc gems, misc ribbon, DMC embroidery floss, Colorbox Chalk ink, and K&Company "Let It Snow" paper and journaling tags. TFL!


Next are some cards from Sandy:

This week I made two cards. On the first one I the laser cut paper. I love this circle paper, as it's fun and whimsical. I roughly drew lines edging the circles to help finish the edges.

Other products used include: DCWV Cardstock - The Paper Studio PP (Robots) - Cosmo Cricket PP (Red) - Kaisercrafts - Alphabet stickers - Martha Stewart pen - Unknown Ribbon
On the second one I used on of the fabulous titles that have the transparent overlays. To help the word Christmas pop, I edged it with a black pen. I also stickled the ornaments I cut out of pp to add some bling to them.

Other producst include: Echo Park "Everybody Loves Christmas" PP - Stickles (Crystal) - Martha Stewart Pen - Whisker Graphics Divine Twine (red and turquoise)

This week Sarah shared some cards with us:

I made 3 different cards with the midnight oil designs scrapbook products the week!

Can you I'm in el-oh-vee-ee with the pink floral intricacy? Its so gorgeous!

This card uses the ribbons and punchies from the embellishment kit

This one uses the transparency from the stackers and ribbons from the embellie kit:


Next, Shawna shared her fun layout:

This week I did a layout using the diecut intricacy paper. I actually used it as a mask instead of actually adhering to my layout. I glimmer misted my background and removed the paper. Love the effect it gave.

Tabitha put us in the Christmas spirit with her layout:

This week I did a layout - a Christmas one at that. I am not normally a Christmas scrapper but I really enjoyed using the stackers it made it so simple and easy to scrap.

also used: PP by American Crafts - misc. gems - Stickers by K&Co. - Black pen- Martha Stewart

And last but not least, Tamara gave us a super dinosaur layout:

This weeks layout is done with the dinosaurs intricacy papers.

We hope you enjoyed this week's reveal! Check out all the projects from midnight oil in the gallery!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. All those projects look great. That's a lot of talent.

    ReplyDelete