Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Week #4 Reveal from the Design Team - 11/22/10

This month the Design Team has the opportunity to work with one of our previous sponsors, a sponsor that has been very supportive and generous to us here at Cookin' up Creations! The team will be using products provided to them by Alison Banholzer and


Midnight Oil Scrapbook Designs.


They've been using an assortment of acyrlic albums, the stackers collections, and even a variety of their intricacy papers, as well as a few other things!! If you haven't had a chance to check out Midnight Oil Scrapbook Designs yet this month, please take an opportunity to do so today!! After todays reveal, we've got one more week of reveals for you this month, and a chat with Alison herself on the 6th of December, so please mark your calendars and plan to attend! I even have a few "MOSD items" to give away as well!

And now for your Design Team Reveal for Week #4 -

Barb

This week I used die cuts and embellishments from Midnight Oil Scrapbook Design to create two cards. For the first one, I used part of the floral laser-cut Intricacy (saved from my November 1 layout) to make a colorful border. The papers and chipboard stickers are from Chatterbox Design; the epoxy stickers are from Colorbok and the cardstock is from Bazzill and Core`dinations.

Photobucket

A cute and colorful birthday party Stackers die-cut inspired my second card. I used Icicle Stickles to add some sparkle to the Stacker, then used two round tags and some brads from the embellishment kit I was given to make balloons. The letters were cut with the Cricut "Don Juan" cartridge. And because I love bling, I dotted my I with a red rhinestone from Me and My Big Ideas

Photobucket

Cassy

For my layout this week, I chose to use the Midnight Oil Laser Cut Numbers paper as a mask for the background of my daughter's first day of school pictures. I placed the mask on a cream colored cardstock and spritzed with Smooth Spritz Splash. I then layered Bo Bunny Back to Basics pp, ribbons, MM charms, and much more. On the mini-file folder, I cut out one of the 6's from the Laser paper and used it to mark the grade that she is in this year. (Shhhhh . . . I saved the Midnight Oil paper for another layout - double duty - gotta love that!) Thanks for looking!

Photobucket

Jo

For my layout this week, I used the Midnight Oil Laser cut hearts. I love the fact that I can use part of the page and still have more for a future project! The paper was originally red, however, I painted it with Making Memories cornflower paint and added some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Suede to change the color. The paper is nice and thick and stayed flat even with all the moisture I sprayed on it. I also used Pink Paislee's Captivating Collection Papers, Maya Road Flowers, Thickers and Cosmo Cricket Rub-ons.

Photobucket

Nordica

I fell in love with the Paw Print laser cut Intricacy from Midnight Oil Scrapbook Designs also, and like Sandy, decided to showcase one of my family's beloved pets! I trimmed the Intricacy down (which is super easy to do and still maintain the fun shapes) so that I could use several of the left over prints as a mask to ink my paper and make it look walked on. The MOSD Intricacy came white, which wasn't going to work with the papers I wanted to use so I used Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Olive Vine, Coffee Shop, and Walnut Gold to get some color and sparkle. The Intricacy takes ink REALLY well!! I also used Colorbok paper, Distress Ink in Vintage Photo, Stickles in Gold, Crackle Accents (on the journaling), a Prima flower, DMC gold embroidery floss, and a misc button. The inspiration for this layout came from our very own Wanda Pearcy and her What's New Wednesday Tim Holtz challenge.

Photobucket

Sandy

I was so happy when I saw this paw print laser cut paper from Midnight Oil Company. However, I did have a tough time deciding if I would use it on a puppy page or a page for my DD's cheerleading as bear prints. Finally I decided to use it on a page about Brownie (our beloved doggie). For the title I used the old song title "At the Car Wash" and adapted it for the dog washing photos.

Photobucket

Other products used: DCWV Cardstock - Walnut Ink - Reminisce "Bad to the Bone" PP - Dollar Tree Alphabet stamps - Staz-On ink - unknown buttons - AC Thickers - MM Tiny Type Alphabet Stickers - Martha Stewart pen.

Sarah

I used both the crown intricacy and the scraps from my flower intricacy to create this layout of my sweet baby girl at 6 days old. I also used punchies from the embellishment kit.


Photobucket

Shawna

This week I did a layout using the pawprint diecut paper but I actually cut out two of the paws to use as embellishments instead of using the whole item. Love these papers! They are very versatile.

Photobucket

Tabitha

I used the Mini album for my son Chace he is 2 and learning his colors. So I made him a book of colors. He just loves it.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Tamara

This week I made a little album about Brennan from his baby to toddler days. I painted all of the inside pages with acyrlic paint.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Another Great Reveal Ladies! Beautiful stuff from Midnight Oil!

    ReplyDelete