Friday, July 1, 2011

Friday Focus for 7/1--Very Vintage

Since the theme this month is TV shows/Movies.....I chose 'American Pickers'. The hubs & I love watching this show & we ahve tons of antiques decorating our home. I just love all things old & vintagey. So, can you guess where this is leading? My focus today is on all those nifty vintage style embellies out there. I want to see you guys using some of these vintage style items on your layouts. There are all kinds of possibilities......old book pages, buttons, bits of lace/trim, postage stamps, pins, charms, old memorabilia/ephemera, etc.....


Here's my example.....


First of all the pictures are OLD (I was 9 years old in these photos)...I used an old book page as a photo mat......I found an old card of buttons that were my Grandma's.....I used the buttons along with the card the buttons came on......that mom & little girl were just too cute to toss! I also used another part of the button card for my journaling spot & for the title ('Time'). I hope y'all enjoy this challenge.....I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!!



No comments:

Post a Comment