Monday, July 12, 2010

Angela's (July 2010) Core'dinations Cardstock Reveal

Core'dinations was also kind enough to be our Sponsor for the month of July. They were very generous... They didn't send us a few sheets of cardstock to create with, no siree...... they sent a HUGE slab of their core'dination papers!!! These are designed to emboss and sand, tear, etch, or use them just as they are. Our pack (the Trifecta 3) included three collections, all with totally different textures and they are:s Black Magic--colors covered in black, Core Essentials--monochromatics, and Vintage Core--a worn look. Please be sure to visit their website because they have tutorial videos on how to use each type of cardstock.

For this card, I used Core'dinations Black Magic cardstock (torn down side to show reverse color and also sanded edges, as well as the spine of the card). Used dry embossing stencil to create the bucket of hearts on a sheet of Core Essentials CS, which I then trimmed out. Also pink heart trimmed out, then chalked and glittered.



For this layout, I used Core'dinations Vintage Collection CS for the background. I distressed the edges, torn places so that the underside color would be visible and roughened up the base color with sandpaper for more of a worn look. For the photo matte, I proceeded with a sheet of Black Magic and tore the edges instead of trimming.


For this layout, I used Core'dinations Core Essentials for background with edges distressed. For the Photo Matte, I used the Vintage Collection torn down one side and antiqued with sandpaper. Last, I also used a sheet of the Vintage Collection for dry embossing the Lemonade pitcher and glass, I then proceeded to touch up with chalking and trimmed around the edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment