Thursday, March 24, 2011

New feature: Scraplift a Member!

This special challenge is brought to you today by the entire design team. We're really excited to bring you what we hope will be a recurring feature: our "Scraplift a Member" Challenge!

The design team as a whole chose one layout from our gallery for our scraplift. The layout that we are scraplifting today has wonderful clean lines and great aesthetic appeal (in other words, we love the design and think it's really pretty!) We loved the way the designer used her various elements. The design team members all agree: we LOVE this layout and had a great time lifting it!

We chose this layout by "momoffive" AMY BUNNER:


And here are our versions of Amy's layout:

BARB:
I loved Amy's photo and paper composition. Her design really allowed the photograph to shine! I started out following her design, then made a few changes to accommodate my patterned papers. I wanted to show certain parts of that background map paper by Making Memories. I also made changes in the title treatment because my alphas needed some extra oomph! to show up against the busy Basic Grey Oliver patterns. I wanted more of the top area of my background paper to show on the left, so I positioned my design farther down on the paper; so I added a banner on the right side. And of course, I changed out the pretty feminine papers and flowers for something a little more boyish for my grandson. Last, I set the background over a die cut paper by Advantus to add that final pop of red.  Here's what I came up with:



CASSY:
I completely loved Amy's beautiful layout!  The colors were perfect and I loved the design and the flowers along with the journaling spots.  I used that same design in my layout called Paper Bag Princess.

The title was inspired by a children's book "Paper Bag Princess" by Robert Munsch.  It is a story about a Princess who falls in love with a Prince.  To make a long story short, while she was saving his life, she got really mess with her hair everywhere and soot on her face and the Prince refused to have her until she made herself presentable again.  She of course would have nothing more to do with him but Peyton's face here along with the tiara, made me want to call her the Paper Bag Princess.  For the layout, I used Bo Bunny Press papers, walnut ink, cricut butterflies, gems, pearls, and of course "paper bag" letters.  I hand-drew the letters and cut them out, crumpled them, and then sanded them.  The title Princess is on a transparency.



JENNY:
The first thing that caught my eye about this page was the color combo...then all the layers!  I really wanted to go with the same colors, but it just ended up not working out for me.  So I have a more colorful interpretation...I use papers from a MME stack of papers called Complete Boy.  I traced a BG chipboard star onto some cardboard and cut that out...I added a little white paint to it to "rough" it up.  I cut the tickets with my Cricut and SCAL using a free SVG file I found.  I used AC Thickers for the title.



JO:
I loved all the layers and different edges on the papers of the original layout so it was very easy to scraplift!!  Since I don't have many border punches, I tore my papers instead.  I used some  papers from the Fancy Pants Hot Chocolate line plus some Prima flowers and lots of chalk to create my version.



TAMARA:
I used Scenic route papers and embossed gold flowers on the buttons then used stickles in the center.  I also used an old card that I had with the words about the ocean.  I just cut it up and inked the edges to give it character instead of just placing the square on my layout.  Title is thickers.

This is me on a very small island in the Dominican Republic, when my DIL and I went whale watching.  They brought us to this island in  little boats, then put us in rowboats to go see the whales.  DIL was petrified.  We came back to this tiny island to have lunch.  It was an adventure for sure with quite the story to tell.  I am saving that for another layout.  LOL




Join us on the Cookin' Up Creations forum for our daily Blue Plate Specials and our surprise Hors d' oeuvres  Tray challenges like this one. Complete at least 12 challenges by the end of the month and your name will be entered to win the Dessert Tray prize this month -- this lovely kit from Premier Scrapbook Designs:


We're "MAD ABOUT SKETCHES" all month long in March. Every challenge is accompanied by a sketch. Come on over and join in the fun -- there's still time! All challenges are open through April 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment