Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Design Team reveal for June 20


Hello --  have another week of awesome reveals for you! The girls are really putting out some adorable stuff these days! Hope you'll agree! 

This month we have three sponsors.....Creative Charms, Little Scraps of Heaven Designs, and the Ribbon Jar. 
Please make sure that you take the time to check out our generous sponsors this month! And stay tuned for some amazing creations from your Design Team here at Cookin' up Creations using the embellishments from Creative Charms, the Ribbons from the Ribbon Jar, and the cute little Paper Piecing/SVG files from Little Scraps of Heaven Designs.

And now for the reveals - 


Barb 
I was in a "collage frame of mind" this week! There is a calendar over my scrapping table that was a collaboration between PageMaps' Becky Fleck and Scrapbook Trends Today; it had a sketch and layout that I wanted to scraplift. The photos from a recent trip to a botanical center were perfect for experimenting. I paired them with patterned papers from Basic Grey and two lovely ribbons from The Ribbon Jar. I think the purple in the ribbons set off the floral photos beautifully; and the striped one picked up the green from the foliage. I also used a little floral embellishment from Creative Charms to pick up the teal undertones of some of the plants. 

Image


Cassy 

I loved using Creative Charms this weeks to embellish these Center Step Cards. I decided to try making a Center Step Card - very easy - and thought that these charms and embellishments would go perfect with the brown Bazzil paper. Both were created using scraps from my scrap jar and the blue butterfly and vintage brads both came from Creative Charms.


Image

Image


Jenny 

For my page today, I knew I wanted to use the purple satin ribbon I received from The Ribbon Jar...and when I remembered I had these cool GCD papers with that same shade of purple, I was estatic! But then I needed a picture! NOthing of my boys would do! LOL! So, my SIL had posted this pic of my niece while they were at the beach last week...and it was perfect! I was also able to use some BG felt and epoxy stickers that (amazingly) worked really well with the papers. I used some green ribbon from my stash too...


Image


Jo 

When I saw the vintage brads from Creative Charms, I knew just what to do with them. They are like little pieces of jewelry..they are so pretty! 
I love to make homemade flowers by cutting circles from polyester scraps and melting them with my heat gun. These brads make perfect centers for my flowers!!


Image


and a close up of the centers..Don't you love the ones that look like turquoise? 

Image


Not only can you use these flowers for scrapbook projects, but I put together this cute headband for my daughter using a simple black headband and three fun blue zebra print flowers!!

Image


Too bad I didn't have my model available for the photo...maybe next time!!

So have some fun with these gems from Creative Charms...they aren't just your standard brads!!
Tamara
 
I used the Creative Charms flowers to accent this lovely layout of my DS and his Bride. I also used Basic grey pattern papers and sticker die cuts.



Image

No comments:

Post a Comment