Tuesday, June 14, 2011

DT Reveal 6-13-11

Please make sure that you take the time to check out our generous sponsors this month! During June, we are using the embellishments from Creative Charms, the ribbons from the Ribbon Jar, and the cute little paper piecing/SVG files from Little Scraps of Heaven Designs.
And now for the reveals...

Barb
I used some older paper from my stash this week to cover the frame of a small chalk board that I found in my scrap closet. I don't have the appropriate software for my Cricut, so I hand cut and paper pieced
 this adorable Baking Bear from Little Scraps of Heaven Creations. Then I borrowed my husband's hand drill to add holes for a hanging cord, used a mulberry paper flower from Prima to hide a nasty little gouge in my board, and it's ready to hang in my kitchen for grocery lists, menus, or notes.

Cassy
Purple is one of the most difficult colors for me to use but when I saw these ribbons from the Ribbon Jar, I couldn't resist layering them and using them to anchor my photos on this layout of my adorable niece opening her eggs Easter day - yes I still have Easter pictures to scrap! I also used Elsie embossed papers, sanded them, added some scraps for some added color, and embellished with tons of leftover Thickers, AC egg shapes, gems, brads, and buttons. Thanks for looking!


Jenny
I also used a couple of the paper piecing patterns from Little Scraps of Heaven...and let me tell you...
that was FUN! They cut perfectly on my Cricut using SCAL2 making it a very quick thing to put together!
For my first card, I used Robot 2 from the Robot Collection to make a birthday card for Harrison's friend. The only thing NOT in the cut file was the party hat...I cut that myself. I inked all the edges using Old Paper Distress ink. This is also a March 2011 Card Map.

For my second card, I used this CUTE little bear from the "Cookin Up Some Fun" set. After creating this girl...I think I'm addicted! Putting her together was like watching something come to life! The inside of this card says, "What's cooking, Sweets?" and I'm gonna send it to a friend I haven't talked to in awhile. To bring it all together, I used 3 different ribbons from "The Ribbon Jar".


Jo
This week I had fun working with a paper piecing pattern from Little Scraps of Heaven. I chose the Nail Polish Pattern from their perfume and makeup collection because it went so perfectly with this photo of the girls' manicures! I actually printed the bottles on white cardstock and painted with nail polish to give them a rich and glossy finish. I also used some fun flower brads from our other sponsor Creative Charms to accent my page. These flowers are unique because they combine a flower brad wih cording to make the flower petals...too cute!! My papers are from MME's Just Dreamy 2 collection.

Tamara
I used all these pretty ribbons from the Ribbon Jar to complement my page. I also used SEI patterned paper and Making Memories metal letters and flower, Tim Holz stick pin, Heidi Swapp photo corner, and a stampin' up! journaling block. Button and school letters are anonymous.

No comments:

Post a Comment